You’re engaged, congratulations!!! I can only image that your partner asked to marry you in the most unique way ever or maybe in the most subtle way, whichever the case…YAY!
You will find that I write blog posts to keep brides and future brides updated on new and current information. I love providing new tips, tricks and ideas. It helps ease the engagement session woahs and feeling overwhelmed on the wedding day.
So for all of you who are considering becoming a Puckey Bride, here are a few tips and tricks to help you get ready for your engagement session.
- Puckey couples should always come prepared with two or more outfits. One outfit should be classy and the other should be casual , more relaxed. The more outfits you bring the less images but you will end up with more variety in your gallery.
- When you are color coordinating with your fiance, it would be best not to wear the same color shirt. Maybe a lighter shade but not the same color.
- If you’re wearing plaid or other patterns, the bigger the better. Larger plaid photographs better than tiny little-checkered patterns. It would be better to have a solid dress shirt than a shirt with teeny tiny patterns. The camera can’t pick those tiny patterns up from far away and that can sometimes result in Chromatic Aberration.
- Accessorize! Scarves, necklaces, belts. They can add so much to an outfit, and it gives you something to hold onto if you don’t have long hair!
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself and wear something that is unique to you! It’s great to wear a dress with a cardigan…. that’s probably what I would wear!… but if you have a unique style, be sure to show it off! Some of my favorite engagement shoots have incorporated my couple’s unique style!
- Make sure you are equal when it comes to how formal your attire is. If the bride is wearing a little black dress…. the groom shouldn’t be in shorts and sandals
- Don’t over think it! Some of my favorite outfits have been a groom in jean and a t-shirt and a bride in her summer dress.
- Some couples plan their attire to coordinate with their wedding day so that their Save The Dates match the wedding theme and decor!
- If one of you is wearing something with a lot of color and pattern, sometimes it’s best to have the other person wear a neutral to tone it down a bit
- Wear attire that is flattering to your figure and your skin tone.