Vendor Spotlight|Tunkhannock Florist | Monzie’s Floral Design |Tasha Photography
If you’ve been following me on my blog, then you know that I am featuring a few Pennsylvania Wedding vendors during our Covid-19 stay at home order. These few weeks, many vendors have come up with ways to still serve our friends, families + clients all the while staying within the bounds of our Governors order. Next up is Monica from Monzie’s Floral Design
- Tell us a little about yourself
My name is Monica, and I’m 33 years old and live on a lake just outside of Tunkhannock with my husband of 8 years Steve and our chocolate lab, Blu. My husband and I are high school sweethearts, and we live in the house I grew up in! When I’m not busy at the flower shop I love to travel – day & short trips to new places are my favorite since I usually don’t have too many days off in a row (quarantine aside, lol).
- What was your dream job growing up?I am a childhood cancer survivor, so I always pictured myself in a medical field. After being accepted into a physician’s assistant program I decided that it wasn’t for me and switched gears to Nutrition & Dietetics to graduate. I started working for the flower shop I own my freshmen year in college so after graduation I knew where I wanted to be, I just had to convince my Mom that it was a good idea.
- In 3 words, how would you describe your brand?original, quality, creative
- How did you get into the wedding industry? – It was by default. The first thing people usually associate with flowers are weddings.
- What sets you part in your industry? Definitely design style and laid back attitude. My brides always tell me that we are easiest vendor to work with. Choosing wedding flowers should be fun, not stressful!
- What does a typical wedding look like? For us, the day of an event starts with loading everything early in the morning. Our first stop is usually to the bride, where we deliver her bouquet along with her maids and any other pieces that she needs where she is getting ready. Then we head to the ceremony and reception sites. All of our arbor/hanging arrangements are designed on site so we need to make sure we have enough time to complete these pieces and clean up before guests start arriving.
- What is your favorite part of a wedding day? I don’t have a favorite part per say. I love the excitement and anticipation of the day. I love the bouquet hand off, I love seeing how excited the couple is. I love seeing our work on paper come to life.
- and lastly, if you could go anywhere tomorrow, where would it be?Cape May, Sedona, Ireland, or even the grocery store without a mask would be great